Primary Program and Curriculum:
The Primary Program is open to children ages 3 to 6 years and consists of an integrated secular and the curriculum based on Dr. Maria Montessori’s proven philosophy and principles. Each child is guided by certified professionals in a self-directed learning environment that fosters independence, responsibility, respect for others, and a love of learning.
The child-adult ratio in the Primary Program is no more than 10 children per one adult.
The Children’s World Bilingual Montessori Primary Curriculum is comprised of five distinct areas of concentration:
- Practical Life enhances skills and coordination through gross and fine motor tasks. These activities serve to increase children’s attention span, encourage task completion, and increase the child’s independence.
- Sensorial area helps children develop and refine their senses to discriminate, categorize and explore key concepts.
- Mathematics makes use of manipulative materials to enable children to understand abstract concepts of numbers, symbols, the decimal system, mathematical operations, and basic number facts.
- Language Arts includes oral language development, written expression, reading, grammar, creative dramatics, and children’s literature. Our Bilingual program exposes children to fluently spoken English and Mandarin. The Bilingual program exposes children to the Mandarin vocabulary associated with the Chinese holidays and culture.
- Enrichment activities expose children to music, movement, Chinese culture and traditions, science, art, and geography. Gardening and ecology are also an integral part of our indoor and outdoor environment.
3:00pm School Day Pick Up
|Daily Schedule||Primary Program|
|7:00am – 8:00am||Opening (Breakfast offered until 8:45. During this time, children are free to work individually, or help teacher to prepare for the class)|
|8:00 am – 11:00am||Montessori Three Hours Work Period Time (Practical Life, Sensorial,Language, Math, Geography, Science, and individual or small group lessons with the Montessori teacher) In addition, snack will be available from 9am-11:00am|
|11:00am – 11:30am||Chinese Circle Time|
|11:30am – 12:00pm||Outside Playtime|
|12:00pm – 12:30pm||Lunch Time|
|12:30pm – 12:45pm||Clean Up / Prepare for Nap Time|
|12:45pm – 2:45pm||Nap Time|
|2:45pm – 3:00pm||Clean Up|
|3:00pm – 3:30pm||Outside Playtime/School Day Pick Up at 3:30pm|
|3:30pm – 4:00pm||English Circle Time|
|4:00pm – 5:00pm||Afternoon Work Period Time (Snack offered throughout afternoon until 5 pm)|
|5:00pm – 6:00pm||Outside Dismissal|