The Primary Community is open to children ages 3 to 6 years and consists of an integrated secular and the curriculum based on Dr. Maria Montessori’s proven philosophy and principles. Each child is guided by certified professionals in a self-directed learning environment that fosters independence, responsibility, respect for others, and a love of learning.
The Children’s World Bilingual Montessori Primary Curriculum is comprised of five distinct areas of concentration:
- Practical Life enhances skills and coordination through gross and fine motor tasks. These activities serve to increase children’s attention span, encourage task completion, and increase the child’s independence.
- Sensorial area helps children develop and refine their senses to discriminate, categorize and explore key concepts.
- Mathematics makes use of manipulative materials to enable children to understand abstract concepts of numbers, symbols, the decimal system, mathematical operations, and basic number facts.
- Language Arts includes oral language development, written expression, reading, grammar, creative dramatics, and children’s literature. Our Bilingual program exposes children to speak both English and Mandarin fluently. The Bilingual program exposes children to the Mandarin vocabulary associated with the Chinese holidays and culture.
- Enrichment activities expose children to music, movement, Chinese culture and traditions, science, art, and geography. Gardening and ecology are also an integral part of our indoor and outdoor environment.